Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rutgers University Press: Flatlined: Guy L. Clifton, M.D

I want this book! Heard a review of it on NPR and this guy made a LOT of sense. I wanted to read it during Healthcare debate. But now (October - yeah, I'm catching up posts) it seems unlikely anything substantial will be passed.

Rutgers University Press: Flatlined: Guy L. Clifton, M.D

Sadly, it may take a freaking pandemic to get us serious about reforming healthcare in general, and making sure people have access to basic care specifically.

It is crucial that we offer bare necessities if we are to be a free, democratic, and civilized society. I know it's scarce resources, but are we really willing to let people die, in huge and increasing volumes, due to lack of basic care?!
v

Footnotes:
bad news, found a new button from google :)

Dramatically increases my ability to do short posts. Watch for tsunami.

No comments: